How a 77 yr outdated turned the primary Filipino to journey the world?
On the age of 77, Odette Aquitania Ricasa turned the primary Filipino to have the ability to journey to all 195 nations on the planet, 193 of that are acknowledged by the United Nations, whereas the opposite 2 are non-members: the Holy sea and the State of Palestine.
Earlier than the pandemic began in 2020, she was solely 5 nations wanting attaining her purpose. These nations are Sudan, Chad, the Central African Republic, Libya, and Iraq.
Lastly, on the twenty fifth of August 2022, after being held for 2 years due to the pandemic, Ms. Ricasa achieved the purpose of many vacationers – to journey to each nation on the planet! She arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq, on Thursday, making it the final nation on her listing.
General, she has been to 301 nations and territories, together with islands! Even these islands that aren’t recognized by many, together with Robinson Crusoe islands, Lakshadweep islands, Andaman Nicobar islands, and extra!
How It All Began
Ms. Ricasa is predicated in Los Angeles, California and she or he began the journey of touring the world within the yr 1980. She shared that some nations, together with Russia, had very strict guidelines concerning tourism throughout these instances. Nevertheless, that didn’t cease her from exploring increasingly more nations.
Memorable Journey Experiences
Ms. Ricasa has two passports – the Philippines and the US. She primarily makes use of her US Passport, however she talked about that in some instances, utilizing her Philippines passport is good.
One in every of these instances goes to Africa. Each US and Philippines passport holders want a visa as a way to journey to this continent, however utilizing her US passport requires extra paperwork than utilizing her Philippine passport.
When requested what had been a few of her unforgettable experiences in her greater than 40 years of touring, she stated there have been so much, however her go to to Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo, each African nations, are unforgettable. The stated nations usually are not well-liked locations for vacationers, and through her go to, she was alone. However because the saying goes, ‘You have to do the factor which you assume you can’t do.’ And she or he did; she conquered Africa and the remainder of the world!
She additionally talked about that once they arrived in Libya simply this yr, they felt like they had been VIPs as there was plenty of safety escorting them. However this type of distinctive expertise is what motivates her to journey extra.
In her 4 many years of touring, 80% of these is her touring alone, whereas the remainder 20% is a bunch tour (which she joined when she was only a newbie within the journey world)—speaking about bravery, ardour, and enthusiasm!
Ms. Ricasa is certainly journey knowledgeable as she can also be a member of the Travelers’ Century Club, A membership that solely permits these individuals who have been to 100 or extra nations!
Furthermore, she’s additionally an energetic member of the Philippine World Explorers journey neighborhood, and she or he heads the US West Coast chapter, doing this whereas touring.
Except for being a traveler and the primary Filipino to journey the world, she can also be an writer of 6 books, an artist, a motivational speaker, and a pianist.
She talked about that having her ebook was truly not her thought. It was early 2000, and she or he was in Spain writing her journey experiences in her journal – “With all of the nations and cities I’ve been to, it’s inconceivable for me to recollect them, that’s why I write them in my journal.”, non-verbatim assertion of Ms. Ricasa.
Her buddy, who was together with her at the moment, informed her, “Why don’t you write a ebook as an alternative?” That assertion gave her the thought to put in writing a journey ebook and share her experiences on the street. Her books are all obtainable on Amazon.
Ms. Odette Aquitania Ricasa’s journey expertise is likely one of the inspiration of many vacationers, not solely Filipinos, however foreigners as effectively.